Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Painful Teething- I think...

We went to Shaylee's (Kayla's cousin) first birthday party on Saturday... it was nice.. and they had the party outside so we could come!! :) Thanks Amanda!!

We think Shaylee and Kayla sorta look alike, what do you think?


There is not much going on at the Olmstead abode!  Kayla is cranky- oh my!! That is about it... I'm not sure if it is because she is catching my cold, no symptoms, or if it is teething.  She has cried so much in the past two days that her voice is nearly gone!  Her cry is so pathetic now.. it's so sad.  I'm hoping for the teething part.. we have been giving her those teething tablets.. but the last time I gave them to her, tonight, was complete drama.  She cried so badly... I swear she thought I was torturing her. Poor girl..The past two nights, the two nights where she has taken enough formula in the day that I would not have to wake her up at 11.. she has got up!  She woke up on Friday night around 10:30, ate and then proceeded to cry for the next two and a half hours!! It was awful.  Then last night, she woke up, cried, ate, then fell asleep as she was eating... let's see how tonight goes... I'm hoping for a quiet night as we both have to go to work in the a.m..

She chews .. like she is chewing gum.. it's funny.  She is in love with her teething fish.. the only teething thing she will take.. and not cold!  She makes a face when it is cold and then proceeds to cry.  And she has gone probably two weeks of only sleeping in her pack and play- no swing, no vibrating chair, no crib... and today/tonight.. she would cry and cry- and after a half hour of just listening to her go in and out of crys.. is just too much.  I know we are supposed to let them try to comfort themselves.. but how long is too long!?  Anyway- so I put her in her swing- and she shut right up! She watched herself in the mirror, and the bears dance around.. and fell asleep after 30 min... so it took an hour for her to take a nap.. and yes, she was super tired!!

She did spend the Sunday-Tuesday night at Grandma and Grandpa's.. I figured on Wednesday I wasn't contagious any more.. and she came home after her appt. It was so fantastic to see her again.. and she gets all excited to see us again- shaking her hands back and forth, and making grunting noises "uh eh uh"... it's cute! So it was cool that she missed me...but very sad that I had to be away from her that long.. but it was best.  I took three days off from work, just to rest and hopefully get better faster.  I took nyquil all day and slept most of the morning/afternoon away.



Sands Family said...

I don't know the rules for Kayla since she was on some pretty heavy duty meds while in the NICU....but with Alaina we used Motrin for teething. In about 10 min of taking it- she would sleep the rest of the night. It really did the trick...someone told me that teething usually ocurrs at night...i don't know how true that is...seemed to be true for Alaina... meaning, that's when she appeared to suffer. otherwise, she would chew on anything and everything all day long! :)

Liz and Shane said...

teething is awful. Nayeli gets very moody and doesnt eat very well. She also wakes up 2 to 3 hours after we put her to sleep. I hope Kayla's teething passes soon. Just when you think its past the others start to show. Hope you got some rest. Nayeli liked her washcloths in the freezer



Blog Archive