Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wedding Fun and Cold Downer

Ok- so I've got a full blown cold- no voice and a horrible awful cough!  Luckily I went to a wedding this weekend so I was away from Kayla ... this is good because my awful cold was not around her, but she was already exposed to my germs before I left... however, now that we are home, she is not! :( Grandma and Grandpa took her until I am not so sick. Jerry and I may be going overboard here, but really- she has a lot of lung growing to do and she is only 6 months.. I don't think she is ready for a cold yet. When we did get home, I did hug her- :( I had to!! She was sooo excited to see me and Jer.. I couldn't not hug her.. selfish yes.. :( Thanks to you who left a comment about how to prepare for it though.. I'm thinking since she was already exposed she will get something- let's just hope it's not what I got, bc it's hard for me to breathe- I couldn't imagine what it will be like for her! :(  So I am missing my girl like CRAZY!! I hope she doesn't forget who I am :(

The wedding however was a BLAST!! Congrats to my cousin Brian and his new beautiful bride- Kellie.  I am a fan of weddings! They are my favorite thing to go to!! I love the wedding ceremony, and the fun and fabulous reception afterwards! :) And for those of you who like a drink or three like me, it was an open bar all night! Nice choice Brian and Kellie!! :) They also had a photo booth at the reception for their guestbook.. it was soo fun.  You get your pics taken in the photo booth and choose a picture or three to put in their album and leave a note with it.  I went in the booth a trillion times!! haha And I know a lot of you, my family, know that I had a lot of fun!  That was probably - yes, it was the last time I will see everyone for a very long time... as winter lockdown will start this coming tuesday- well once I get better anyway. We didn't start this winter off very well with me getting sick right off!! Jeez Louise!! So here are some fabulous pics I put into scrapblog!! :)



Photobucket

1 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE the picture of the "special guests" at the wedding... so funny! Good to see you - the wedding really was a lot of fun! Hope you're feeling better soon, and of course I hope Kayla stays healthy, too. :)

background

Followers

Blog Archive