Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thankful November 5

5.  I am thankful for the Ronald McDonald House!  This house has helped us our twice now and so many other families.  It was hard to think about living there.. but once we got there, after K was born, it was so nice.  It was a beautiful home!  There were lots of volunteers who came every week to make huge meals and they even had family nights- where all families would eat dinner together made from some volunteer.  I never did join the family dinners- I was always at the hospital- but it was nice for those who were in different situations!  There was always a ton of food available for everyone to eat, you could go out and buy your own, label it and know it would still be there in the a.m.  They offered a bus to the hospital and back, and if you had your own car, they gave you a free parking pass in the parking garage!!! All for a very small price!  I don't know what Jer and I would have done w/o the Ronald McDonald House!! (Syracuse, NY) but I'm sure all are just as nice! :)

March 2009



Photobucket

0 comments:

background

Followers

Blog Archive