Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thankful November 7

7.  I am thankful for holiday traditions.  All when I was growing up my family had tons of holiday traditions.  For Thanksgiving we would ALWAYS have pizza the night before - a tradition started because of my Grandpa - and then there is the HUGE meal we ate together.. then for Christmas the girls would make Christmas cookies and decorate together every year while listening to Christmas music, on Christmas Eve my family would go to the church for the Christmas Eve Mass... the church was always so beautifully decorated... then we would get home, eat a TON of snacks... Dad would get his paper and pen out, and we would write a letter to Santa Clause.  Every year!  We were still doing the letter thing when I was in college!  Then we would put our stockings on our dining room table at our seat.. and Dad would read us Twas the Night Before Christmas.. and then we'd watch a Christmas movie.. I enjoyed that more than anything about Christmas.  My siblings and parents all together.. was the best part!  I miss that... I'm glad I have my own family to start our own traditions or carry on ones I fell in love with- (which would be all of them) :) But I do miss getting together with my family.. :( But holiday traditions really make a holiday.  It's not the gifts...it's the company. 
a gift from Nina and Papa last year to help carry on some tradition- :)






Photobucket

0 comments:

background

Followers

Blog Archive