Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

One Little Stitch

Kayla is doing awesome! She has been more herself lately, if not a happier/crazier Kayla!  She is amazingly strong! She runs around, jumps, pounces on everything, and is just so fun and loving.. I'm so happy she is back! She just has one little stitch, literally, that causes her issues from time to time.  It's a stitch inside that holds the abdomen together that pokes out occasionally and irritates her.  Sometimes it will get red and looks nasty- and you can feel it.. but Dr. said that was normal in little kids- in an adult, you wouldn't be able to feel it outside like we can with K.  She gets over it pretty quickly though.  She randomly rubs her belly and says "ow, belly hurt" but mostly she's pain free.

She is a little crazier than before- makes me a little nervous, but I just have to let her be a kid.. which is really hard for me! :( I don't ever want to see her go through another surgery, ever! So her pouncing and running into things on purpose scares the poop out of me!

Anyway- she's doing great! :) And at the moment I'm trying to become an anything photographer- so I have been experimenting with my camera bc of a class I am taking online.. so I have  a TON of pics! :) Here are a few of my happy girl that poops mostly everyday, and no little balls either! :)

eating chocolate cake :)

such a cutie! <3

eating Cheetos :)

loves the water!! <3


Photobucket

0 comments:

background

Followers

Blog Archive