Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

I'm OK.. Day 7!

thought this was cute- just to let everyone really know how she is doing... :)

A much better day- a very minor whine this morning after some milk and a very small puke after the whine.. a little nap and all was good. :) She got to eat some ice cream today and drank milk a ton better today.  She can drink about 4 oz of milk w/ no pain which is awesome. She did drink some chicken broth- she was not a fan.. but drank some.  We tried pediasure but she said "icky" and made a face and gave it back.   She did like the ice cream.  She had ice cream at 9 a.m.... I told her that won't happen very often and to enjoy! And she did!! :) Then she had some ice cream later in the day from Tim Hortons... she didn't eat too much, but that's bc she wanted to walk around so much!  
eating ice cream ... she got it everywhere!! But she was happy- watching Curious George and eating ice cream!! So I was happy!! :)

She had another suppository this morning- wanted to poop in the potty- and there were about 5 or 6 tear drop poops.. no sludge! So that was good... except the poop coming out required a suppository.. 

That red thing in her hand is a lady bug clip for the nurse to clip on her name tag.  Kayla has seen them a couple of times.  This nurse has noticed she is particularly found of it, and offered it to Kayla when she came in w/ two meds and the suppository.  K took both meds and supp. easily bc she was holding the ladybug.  The nurse let her keep it.  Aww thanks Nurse Dawn!! (ps- K was holding it when the suppository did it's job and she dropped it in the potty...yikes!! luckily mommy got it before it touched any poo...ladybug floats! ha!)

Dr. came by tonight- our surgeon is gone for the weekend for some conference so the one left was busy all day- We didn't get to see him until about 8 tonight.  Which is fine really- I really want to start K on more foods, and they will see how she does tonight and first thing in the a.m. before they start her on anything more. They really want to take it slow..  Hopefully she'll do ok- she didn't drink much milk tonight, but did fine throughout the day with it.  

I told Dr. I wasn't comfortable taking her home if she wasn't pooping or eating on her own- and he agreed.  So we will not be home tomorrow as I would have liked.. but I'd prefer her to be perfect before we go.  I don't even know if we'll be home Sunday.. :/ ugh! 

I can't complain too much though, she had a great day! Charlie and Patty came to visit again this morning/afternoon.  Kayla just LOVES to watch Charlie... he's crazy! I love it! He's full of energy- I think K wishes she was.  But they had fun today as K and C both passed out after they left. 

aren't they the cutest!! <3

Oh yea, and Daddy came back today! <3 We were both very happy to see him!! Now it's just Lily I can't wait to see! :(





Blog Archive