Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday the 13th

Kayla is doing much better but not well enough for her surgery on Thursday.  The surgeon's office read over our pediatricians notes on Kayla's last two visits, and decided it was best to postpone the surgery a week.  She has been rescheduled for Friday, May 13.  (I know.. Friday the 13th... UGH!) However, my husbands logic is this:  Kayla... unlucky for having to have surgery AGAIN, Friday the 13th... unlucky day, two negatives equal a positive... so Kayla's surgery is going to go amazingly well and she will recover better and stronger than ever! :)

It will be hard to wait another week for surgery- the anticipation is killing me!  I'm stressed about absolutely everything and anything!  I stress about what to bring, my lesson plans, Kayla hating me when she wakes up, Kayla being disappointed that it's ME who is staying with her at the hospital (daddy has to work :( ), Kayla crying with the stitches (it's freaks me out), the pain she'll be in, her not wanting to sit still, bowel obstruction, reflux returning, Kayla getting even WORSE at eating (ugh), Lily forgetting who I am, money, I mean everything... it's been a stressful month, and another week has been added on.  My co-workers, friends and family must hate me by now.. I've got to be the most annoying, grumpy person ever.  I'm sorry ... :-/

Anyway- so for those who have been wondering, Kayla is doing much better. Just not well enough for such a procedure.  I'm very thankful that they did not postpone longer than a week, and I'm also thankful it was postponed as now I have two days I get off from work w/o having to take them off.  I'm already taking 11 days, 10 w/o pay... and then when I would be able to return, we have that friday and monday off. :) I am also thankful for the new date because her Nina and Papa can come visit now. But a little sad because that week would have been the recovery week...

Staying positive- and trying not to stress over it all, but it's been hard.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer Tenney said...

I can imagine what you are feeling! I also HATE to wait! Many, many prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery. Thinking of you guys!
Hugs,
Jennifer
Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008
RCDH survivor

background

Followers

Blog Archive