Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Heartbreak, Thanks and Updates

First, I would like to say that there have been too many dismal outcomes in the past few weeks and I'm just devastated.  (not nearly as much as the families are though) And I just wanted to say I'm truly sorry for each and every person's loss.  This is something a parent should never have to experience and yet it is happening far too often.  I know there are no words that I could ever come up with to help you through this but please know I pray for each and every single one of you out there.  Even those whose babies survived and are struggling through feeds, sleeping, and reflux.

So sorry to hear of the most recent, Ireland Rose.  She has lost her battle today against the CDH monster and her family is going to need a lot of prayers for comfort and to find peace.

Second, I want to thank everyone who has checked out CDH Family.  I hope it will help someone someday! And a big thanks to PATTY and VINCE who let me post CHARLIE (aka Gumdrop) on CDH Family.  I hope to get many more up there.  So please if you would like, send me a photo- you can find my email under the About part on this blog.  My brother says I need about 50 more posts before he can do his computer thing and get it to show up on Google.. so I'm trying. :) I have 9!! haha I am finding it hard to think of things to post as I blab on and on and end up putting more information in one post than I intended to. haha

Third, Last, whatever, is an update on my little girl.  In 5 days she will be 6 months old. HOLY CRAP!! She is very cute, loud, fussy, demanding, and very unpredictable. We just love her to pieces!  She has now developed a great laugh- I'm sure all parents with a 5+ month old knows of this giggle but I am totally in love with her laugh. :) She loves bath time now! yay!! Once we get her clean, we let her sit up and splash around- the floor is completely drenched when we are done, but it is always totally worth it. :) We must buckle her in everything- she has quite a temper and tries to escape often!

before
during

Her bottle time is ok... not the greatest it's been but just ok. :) She is getting the amount I would like her too, but am still doing the 11 p.m. feed.  We went without it for a couple days, and she didn't take more in the a.m., in fact this a.m., she took less.. go figure!  She takes about 4-5 oz every feed now- and we have found a new trick- when she starts fussing because she doesn't want the bottle any more, we put her octo-plush or her singing puppy dog in front of her to reach out and touch and she eats at least an 1oz or 2 more. :)  Her rice cereal and 1st foods- not so great- I have sorta cut back on that, and do it once and a while, just yesterday she ate half the jar for me. GOOD GIRL! :) haha She sleeps through the night, with exceptions in between 8 - 10 p.m. she'll start crying and just want her bink. We are still working on sitting up- she can't do it long, but she does sit up on her own and no way would I ever leave her side... she is far from being that good.  She still hates tummy time- so I don't think she'll crawl anytime soon... she lets me lay her down for about 2-3 min with a toy, and then she starts to get mad and SCREAMS.. boy oh boy does she have the loudest scream.

So to end, this is a video of Grandpa (Jer's dad) playing with Kayla- who was wayyyyyyyyy tired! So it was super cute she was so giggly.  I start work on Tuesday- Grandma (Jer's mom) takes over then.  She has a very sucky work week now bc Kayla can't go to day care.. so we want to thank Grandma for being so awesome!! We hope it won't last too long.. :(




Photobucket

1 comments:

Liz and Shane said...

That video is priceless! She has the cutest laugh. She made me laugh. I can't believe your little princess is going to be 6 months old. The picture of her in the bouncy seat looks alot like what Nayeli started to do when she was her age. I am praying for you to have a smooth transition next week when you go back to work. I will be going back in two weeks. We can call each other and cry. I know I will be crying alot. I guess I better stock on the visine.
I will email you pictures of Nayeli. Thanks for reminding me. That is a great idea that you have on CDH family. I am praying for Chanda and Mike.

background

Followers

Blog Archive