Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

New CDH Baby- prayers needed

On CDH Awareness Day, a new baby boy was born with CDH.  The defect was not detected in an ultrasound so the parents did not know their baby boy had CDH until he was born.  He was air lifted from a hospital around me (who can not treat a CDH baby by any means) to Crouse, Syracuse NY where Kayla and Charlie were born.  I just found out the baby boy is going to have surgery tomorrow.  Please keep new baby boy in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jaime's World said...

Kate,
I must admit, chills go through me when I read that another CDH'er was born! It's such a crazy ride and I just hope and pray that the babies make it!
Sending lots of prayers!
Hope all is well with you guys...and I hope you enjoyed your Easter!
Love,
Sheryl

background

Followers

Blog Archive