Kayla Mae on her birthday- :) She got gifts from mommy and daddy, Vince, Patty and Charlie and a small cake on her actual birthday...
The Saturday following her birthday we had a few people over. A FEW! :) And it was such a nice day we got to open the windows and go outside for a while. So for her bday I made a pig cake.. I figured this was probably the only one where I got to choose which cake she would like so I went for what I would love! :) I wasn't totally happy with the cake- it didn't turn out how I would have liked... but it worked.
We had a great time with everyone who came to see K on her first birthday!! We know we have made people feel very nervous about being around her and keeping you from her was hard to do as on her bday she had to get some stranger tears out- sorry for that! But I am glad she quickly warmed up to you and hope she sees you soon again as all of our other friends and family.
Kayla got a lot of toys for her bday which I'm certain she LOVES them all- dada and mama on the other hand.. haha no they are great! Just more to pick up at the end of the day!! :)
Kayla has grown so much in the past month!! She now can say "dada" and sometimes we think she says "mama"... but of course not knowing who is who or that they have a true meaning... but she does say them! Which has been a struggle for me.. in fact it was the DAY OF HER BIRTHDAY she finally said "dada"!! haha phew! K has also conquered:
- standing alone- for a few seconds..
- walking with just one hand on hers
- climbing the stairs with ease
- eats well - Easy Mac being her favorite- lots of real food - :) The jars are the fall back.. :)
- she drinks 3 bottles a day, she is now up to 5oz of whole milk mixed with 2oz of formula
- drinks from a sippy cup ( a straw one) well- but will not for "baba" times..
- knows what "baba" means, "get the ball", "throw the ball", "where's my eye", "where's my nose" ( and with the eye and nose deal, she was sooo cute in the beginning bc she would only show us where the eye was on her toys! now she can do it on our face- but not hers! :) )
- sleeps without a binky at nap times, only has a bink at bed time.
She is a big girl and proves to be smarter and smarter everyday. We can't wait to see what she starts doing in the next couple of months!! :)