Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

July 4th festivies and my bday..

my siblings and their families! We are growing! my nephews Julian (1) almost and Jacob (3.5) My rents and us on my b-day- i'm now 26.. 25 wasn't so bad, but 26.. YIKES! ... i'm a blimpoooooooo :) Kayla's great-grandparents Mimi and Papa!!
My whole immediate family! :) Kayla's first outing with everyone... she got to stick around for 20 whole min! :) then Jer and I freaked and had her grandparents come get her .. (jer's rents)
On the 4th my whole family got to get together- this doesn't happen very often as my brother, his wife Meghan and their son Julian live in NC, my sister Angela, husband Jamie and daughter Alaina and soon to be Alyssa?... live in PA, and my sister Sandra, husband Steve, son Jacob and daugther Maddy live in Plattsburgh- so it was a treat for us all to be together! We also had the added treat of Aunt Ellen, Uncle Bob, cousin Jim and girlfriend Meg, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Leo, Aunt Judy, and my Mimi and Papa. It was a great 4th of July regardless of the rain. One of my favorite things to do is hang out with friends and family!
Then on the 5th, mom, yes me, turned 26.. so my rents, and grandparents came over for a little bbq. It was nice to have Kayla adored.. as she missed the 4th of July festivities.
Kayla- is having massive reflux I think.. I don't believe her Zantac is working any- and she'll only take at most 3oz.. sometimes for Grandma she takes 4 or 5 oz.. but she has not done that for me.. I told Grandma she wasn't allowed to leave.. but she did!! haha so Kayla is only getting about 20-23 oz a day where she was getting 25-27 a day.. we did start rice cereal.. and she gets a little of that.. she takes it all, the amnt that is put in her mouth that is, but she doesn't take a whole bowl yet.. just about 10-15 spoonfuls of rice cereal. She is good with the spoon tho.. and getting better day by day... but I can't imagine that would be making her eat less formula all day long. next thursday I can start her on 1st foods.. I just want her eating real food and moving so her reflux doesn't bother her as much, it's soo sad!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Great pics, Kate! Your parents must be so proud of all their grandbabies! :)

Beth said...

Great pictures of the whole family-The kids are all getting so big! I wrote about CDH & the July 15 letter campaign on my blog to help get the word out (not that I have that many readers... )
Enjoy your summer vacation with little Kayla!

background

Followers

Blog Archive