Kayla Mae Olmstead

Kayla was born with Left-sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (LCDH). When she was born she was in the NICU for a total of 55 days. She reherniated two years later, had her repair surgery in May 2011 and spent 11 days in hospital recovering. She is a tough little girl and we are truly blessed to have her here.

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Little Miss Attitude

Well Kayla is doing very well... I can not complain. She sleeps all night- wakes up a little earlier than I would like but really, I'm just lazy. :) She got Jerry up this morning at 6... that is amazing! We could not be happier! She is eating the 5oz that I was so frustrated about earlier- in fact she is eating 5+ oz.. even tonight- scared the living crap out of me! She ate 8oz!! My fault completely- of course my husband did play a part.. :) I split up her feeding into two bottles- 2oz for her zantac- which was supposed be 1oz.. I just poured too much, and the other bottle was supposed to be the 3-4oz... her left overs. :) Well.. Jerry grabbed the WRONG bottle from the fridge and it was full, to the tippy top, which was 6 oz.. she sucked down both bottles within 15 min. She was fast.. She never stopped sucking- we burped her after her zantac bottle only bc she was going NUTS for her second bottle- and then again the in the middle of her second bottle.. and go figure- only a TINY spit up!! I made my father in law hold her up for about 45 min!! haha!! Kayla does have an attitude! Oh my my!! She will smile at you one second- and completely go NUTS the next second. She got bored, or she wants to move... or she wants tummy time... or sleep. I never know- the book says I am supposed to be able to tell the difference between her cries- Um- no... I only know the hungry cry bc I know it's been 3-4.5 hours! So she goes nuts!! However, I did find that when she is going nuts I can walk her outside and she stops... and loves the outdoors. (except when she wants her bottle- she goes crazy!) I find that she does not CRY ... she YELLS! She YELLS a lot!! haha - I used to feel bad for her- until I saw a REAL cry... now I know she is just yelling at her mother- and I tell her all the time to stop- the little stinker does not listen. haha go figure!! :) She also does not like it when you burp her... she YELLS until you stand up and start walking around. I really blame the NICU- (haha) one of the nurse practitioners was trying to get Kayla to stop crying one day- and while the NICU looked for the miracle blanket.. she took Kayla on a stroll around the NICU- haha Kayla absolutely LOVED it. And now- Kayla does not let you just stand... or sit. Little miss attitude!! She did roll over several times- she does not do it every time we put her on tummy time- I can count how many times she's rolled over on two hands.. so it's not a lot. But it was so exciting the first time she did it... I was not expecting it. I think my reaction scared her and she cried.. I can't believe she ever did it again after that. haha I believe her Zantac is helping TONS! She has not had one of her episodes of "crying to get the bottle" and then "crying bc the bottle was in her mouth" since. So that is great.. I always felt so bad for her during those feeds!

0 comments:

background

Followers

Blog Archive